Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2021

JUST A BALL GAME? SCOOP NIKKI SYMMONS AS A NEW PATRON ADDITION.

                                                JUST A BALL GAME?  MEDIA RELEASE.


  

JUST A BALL GAME? SCOOP NIKKI SYMMONS AS A NEW PATRON ADDITION.

  

JUST A BALL GAME? (JBG?) are delighted to announce that former Irish International Hockey Captain Nikki Symmons has joined them as their latest patron.

 

 Symmons had an illustrious hockey career playing 208 times in emerald green across 12 years and in doing so became the most capped elite Irish athlete. Field Hockey wasn’t the only sport embraced by the talented Dubliner as there were several international caps earned at Cricket and Nikki was by all accounts quite formidable with a tennis racket too!


 


Recently she has immersed herself in a media content profession with International Hockey Federation (FIH) and more recently Philip Morris International, and has become a leader across global platforms inspiring females and LGBT+ people alike breaking down stereotypes while educating on all things equality inclusion and diversity. 


 

Nikki was out to friends, family and team mates for a number of years prior to publicly ‘coming out’ in 2014 and yet there was still reluctance in doing so.“Do I say anything?”

“Then I thought about how if I could help just one person to be comfortable with themselves and just to be them, that it would be an accomplishment in itself.” 

 Symmons goes on, “If any of the journeys I have been through in my life, be it sport or personal struggles can inspire people, I will do my very best to continue to do this.” Maintaining, “I see many people struggling to come to terms with their sexuality, so felt to talk about it was the right thing to do.”

 

 Lindsay England founder of JBG? says, “ We feel honoured to have someone with a natural aptitude for both sports and business as Nikki’s on board as one of our patrons, and we will endeavour to showcase these qualities which Nikki seemingly portrays quite effortlessly.”

On becoming a JBG? patron Symmons says:"It is very important to me to use my platform to raise awareness for the whole LGBTQIA community. I am very grateful for this opportunity to share my thoughts on the many difficulties that our community are facing today". 

 

End.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment